Civil Engineer with 24 years’ experience in planning and control in large projects in oil and gas industry: 10 years in downstream refinery operations and 7 years in upstream onshore production
Experience in implementation of the project change management system, ensuring proper monitoring, management and close- out of projects.
Experience in economic control of projects with earned value method, including development of work plan budget and forecast expenditures
Knowledge in the Earned Value Method for cost tracking and monitoring and cost estimates.
Participation in forensic schedule analysis in order to resolve dispute with the clients.
Participation in risk analysis and decision making with Crystall Ball software.
Schedules assessment using Acumen/FUSE of DELTEK.
Participation in root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
Working in multi-cultural environments and clients
Management skills, demonstrated proficiency in leading and coaching individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environments.
Team player, skilled in negotiations and conflict management, effective communication, problem solving, leadership, influencer in the organization and motivator of individuals.
Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Ms Project) as well as Advanced PRIMAVERA, Crystall Ball. Exposure to SAP MM environments
- Civil Engineer 1994 by Universidad de Zulia, Venezuela. College Engineering ID: 96109
- Project Management Master’s Degree 2001 by Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela: Project Management Institute ID: 273258
- Cost Master´s Degree 2009 by Universidad Centro Occidental Lisandro Alvarado, Venezuela: American Association of Cost Engineers ID: 408674
East Oil & Gas, Jose Industrial Condominium Eastern Venezuela: 2015 – actual
Responsible for the project “Engineering and Procurement of Coke Drums Deheader for Petropiar Improver” and the timely allocation of resources as well as management of the production costs control systems. In charge of a team of 37 employees.
- Create the work breakdown structure with the team to develop the cost, schedule, resource, quality and procurement plans.
- Identify project risks, define risk strategies and develop the risk management plan.
- Develop the change management plan to define how changes will be handled to manage the triple constraints (cost, quality and time).
- Manage proactively the resource allocation by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are assigned and available to the tasks according to the project plan.
- Execute the tasks defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Implement a quality management plan to ensure that work is being performed according to required quality standards.
- Obtain project resources in accordance with a procurement plan.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques (usually earned value).
- Formalize and obtain final acceptance for the project.
Curtiss-Wright, Jose Industrial Condominium Eastern Venezuela: 2013 – 2015
Planning Scheduling Coordinator
In charge of establishing a schedule for the preparations and installation of the Top and Bottom New Deheading Systems – Delayed Coker Drums in PETROCEDEÑO’s Extra Heavy Oil Upgrader.
Responsible for supervising and supporting project and construction engineers and support schedule analysis in sustaining claims.
- Helped recruit key project team members and defined their roles and responsibilities to create a project organization structure and develop a project plan.
- Created the Work Breakdown Structure with the team, to develop cost, schedule, resource, quality and procurement plans.
- Obtained project plan approval from the customer and conducted kick off meetings with all key stakeholders.
- Defined and recorded detailed project requirements, constraints, and assumptions with the stakeholders to establish the project deliverables.
- Developed the Change Management Plan to define how changes will be handled to manage the Triple Constraints.
- Measured project performance using appropriate tools and techniques (usually Earned Value).
- Identified project risks, defined mitigation strategies, and developed the Risk Management Plan.
- Led the schedule forensic analysis (as planned vs. as built) for claims’ mitigation or prepare one